The Club’s Centenary Bar is one of best among sports clubs in Sri Lanka and it is one of the exclusive venues to view a match at SSC. It can comfortably accommodate up to 70 pax at a time.
Rules & Guidelines
A Dress Code or Minimum Standards of Dress and Conduct are operative within the Bar. Members are advised to familiarise themselves with these rules and to abide by them when they patronise the Bar.
The Management of the Club reserves to itself the right to refuse entry to or exclude any person who does not abide by these rules. Members are also advised that it is their responsibility to ensure that any Guest brought/invited by them to the Bar conforms to these rules of Dress and Conduct.
- The minimum standard of Dress to enter the Bar is SMART CASUAL for both Ladies & Gentlemen.
- Persons who have played games or engaged themselves in exercises shall not enter the Bar dressed in the same attire they played or exercised in.
- No person shall bring Sports Equipment and/or Sports Equipment Bags into the Restaurant.
- Collared Shirts, Polo Shirts, T-Shirts, Long & Short Trousers, Jeans, with Closed Footwear, leather Slippers/Slip-ons and/or Sandals will be acceptable attire for Men.
- Tracksuits, Tracksuit Pants, Gym Wear, Sweaty Shirts & Shorts, Singlet and Rubber Slippers (Flip-Flops) are considered inappropriate attire inside the Bar at all times.
- Members or their Guests shall not move any of the furniture in the Restaurant. If movement of any furniture becomes necessary, a member of the Staff must be requested to do so.
- Singing or the playing of any Music within or outside the Bar by any Member or his Guest is prohibited.
- The Management will have the right to limit the number of Guests a Member may bring in to the Bar depending on the availability of space.
- All persons must leave the Bar no later than 15 minutes after closing time.
The Management of the Club solicits the cooperation of all Members to the due observance of these Rules so that all Patrons may enjoy the amenities and ambiance on offer in the Bar.