RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR PLAYING TENNIS AT SSC - POST COVID 19
- Only SSC Club Members will be allowed to play. No outside guests will be allowed until further notice. School children will not be permitted until the schools are reopened, which is a Club rule.
- All are advised not to come to the tennis courts if they have any symptoms of Corona Virus.
- Infrared Temperature Monitors will be used by the Security at the entrance to the Club, for all. Hand washing and sanitizer should be used by those who wish to enter the Club.
- Unless playing tennis on court, all should wear proper Masks within Club premises.
- Tennis Courts can be used for Singles as well as Doubles.
- Tennis should be played safely whilst keeping a gap of two metres from the nearest player.
- Do not try to adjust the net, which will only be done by the ground boy before the session starts, and will remain the same, till the end of the day.
- Each player on court should have 2-3 tennis balls of his own. The balls should be Marked/Signed/Numbered so that each knows which ball they should touch/use when serving/starting a rally. Players will touch/pick up/serve with his own tennis balls, and return ones which aren’t yours either by Racquet or foot. No Ball Boys/Pickers will be allowed until further notice. Players should remain on the same side of the court - should not change sides till the end.
- No spitting/grunting sounds whilst playing on the court. Minimal conversation to be exercised whilst playing, specially during Doubles.
- Players to bring their own litter bags to take back home. Avoid coughing and spitting.
- Bring your own equipment and only the minimum necessary. Each should bring his/her own water bottle, towel, soap and sanitizer.
- In the event of excessive sweat on the ball, the owner of the ball is responsible to wipe/dry or sanitize when using. Balls can be sanitized/sprayed after a session of play and should be in a sterile environment.
- Players should leave the premises within maximum 30 minutes after play.
- Above Rules/Guidelines will apply for coaching as well. In addition, each court should not have more than six people including coaches, students and helpers. Students should only use balls used on their respective courts. Use fresh balls for each lesson. Coach is responsible for sanitizing/cleaning their own equipment.
- The Club will arrange wash basins with soap and sanitizer dispenser at the entrance to the tennis court complex and inside wash room. These places will be cleaned and disinfected in the morning and evening and as and when necessary, by the club.
- Washing Room should only be used for toilet facilities and washing hands. Wash room should not be used for bathing.
- Entrance/Exit gate to the tennis court complex will be kept open during playing hours. Those who enter and exit the tennis courts should wash their hands using soap and sanitizer and also spray sanitizer to shoes.
- SSC Tennis members who come to play at SSC Tennis courts, can purchase a new HEAD tennis ball pack of three balls from the Club at a subsidised price of Rs:500 at the start. Thereafter will be sold at the normal price of around Rs:900.
Chairman Tennis House Committee.
Current Honourary Chairman of the Tournament House Committee is Mr Seevali Wanigasekera and Honourary Secretary is Mr Neshan Gunasekera.
- There are five (5) clay surfaced tennis courts at the Club.
- Flood lights are provided for all courts enabling play to continue in the evenings.
Guidelines and Procedures for Booking and use of Tennis Courts
The purpose of this is to ensure regular Tennis playing members are provided the use of facilities during the times allocated for them, and to revise the charges in view of the increased Electricity, Water and other overhead maintenance costs.
These guidelines will supersede the existing guidelines and Rules that have been in existence in the past.
- Tennis Courts will be open from 6:00am to 10:00am and from 2:30pm to 9:30pm on all days where the Club remains open.
- Use of courts may be restricted in the event of Club tennis matches and tournaments conducted by SSC and on days designated by the club.
- Morning hours (6:00am - 10:00am)
- Any court that is not used by the coaches who have hired the court on monthly basis, may be booked by a Tennis member/Club member by making appropriate payment to the Club office/Security Reception counter at the entrance in advance.
- For Tennis playing members the payment would be Rs 300/- per court hour and would enable to bring One guest free of charge. Any other additional guest will have to pay Rs 300/- each. For Non-Tennis members, 300/- per Court hour and a guest fee of 300/- per person.
- Balls and Ball pickers will not be provided during the morning hours.
- Evening hours (2:30pm - 6:30pm)
- If Club membership fees and Tennis membership fees are paid, no further payment needs to be made to play tennis during these times. Court No 1, 2, 3 will always be reserved for Tennis playing members.
- A non-tennis Member of the Club will need to pay a Guest Fee of Rs 300/- per hour, per person at the Security/Reception at the entrance. Court No 4 will be available as well as Court No 5 (if there is no prior booking). Court No 5 will be available for bookings (Rs 100/- per hr) from 4:30-6:30pm for Tennis playing members of the Club - who are Ranked in Sri Lanka Tennis rankings as well as made themselves available to represent the club at Inter Club tournaments during the year. If the member brings a guest, the normal Guest fee of Rs 300/- per hour will be applicable.
- Nonmembers of the Club will pay a Guest Fee of Rs 400/- per person per court hour at the Security/Reception at the entrance. All facilities offered to Tennis members will be offered.
- Balls will be provided by the Club for the club members. Ball pickers will be provided depending on the availability.
- Evening hours under Lights (6:30pm - 9.30pm).
- Members of the Tennis section can make a payment of Rs 600/- per Court hour for Court booking under lights. All facilities will be available for tennis members at this time. One Guest is permitted free of charge, however, any additional guests will have to pay a Guest fee of Rs 300/ per person for the use of facilities under lights.
- Non-tennis members of the club will have to pay a Guest Fee of 300/- per court hour, and nonmembers of the club will have to pay a guest fee of Rs 400/= per court hour in addition to the Court Fee under lights of Rs 600/- per hour.
- Balls and Ball boys will not be provided by the Club during play under lights.
- General Conditions to be adhered during playing hours
- All members and Guests are entitled to use the courts on first come first serve basis.
- If courts are occupied and other players are waiting to play, Singles play is not permitted after 4:30pm.
- Courts may not be used for Coaching or Sparing with a Coach (who is charging a fee from the member or non-member) between the hours of 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
- Coats for coaching – per hour per court will be Rs 600/=. If booked on monthly basis, single court for 3 hours per day will be Rs 22,000/=.
- Coats for tournaments – per hour per court will be Rs 600/=.
- All above payments are inclusive of taxes.
- Balls and Ball pickers will not be provided for Coaching or Sparring at any time.
- All payments should be made prior to using the facility.
Tennis House Committee
01st January 2020.
SSC Tennis Teams emerge overall Inter Club Tennis Champions for the year 2018.