The first single court was built and donated by Deshamanya H. K. Dharmadasa, Chairman, Nawaloka Group on 02nd April 1988. Members soon took to the sport and with the growing demand the present twin court complex was built to international standard and commissioned on 01st March 2007.
Exco Member in charge: Gamini Jayasuriya - Secretary, SSC Badminton. Tel: 0722247109
- There are two (2) badminton courts
Badminton Court Rules:
- Court bookings are strictly on payment up-front.
- Member to ensure payment for his/her guest/s. No guest is allowed to play without the member’s presence.
- Proof of payment must be produced when requested by the stadium staff.
- Advance bookings: Payment must be made 48 hours prior to date/time booked. If not, it is considered cancelled.
- Cancellations: 48 Hour advance notice is required for paid & confirmed bookings. No refunds but alternate time slot/s may be arranged depending on the availability of courts.
- Member (or a member in the group) must record his membership number & sign the register kept in the courts for having used his booking.
- Non marking rubber sole shoes only are allowed on the courts.
- Strictly No food allowed inside the courts area.
- Warming up and down should be done outside the courts and not in playing area. Strictly no running inside the courts.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited inside or outside the sports complex.
- No littering of courts. Used shuttles, empty bottles etc. must be put in the bins.
- Stadium Staff/Management reserves the right to not allow play if the above rules are not followed.
- Management is not responsible for the loss of your personal belongings.
- During Tournaments, all bookings will be cancelled with prior notice. Credit could be arranged with the next booking.
Level 1 Ranking Tournament, SSC Open is the biggest and the most colourful tournaments in the local badminton calendar. Over 35 Events for Men & Women, Girls & Boys of all age groups - under 11 to over 60 years. Highest Prize money, Trophies and Certificates for all winners and runners-up.
Open Hours & Charges
- Badminton courts are open from 6am. – 10pm.
- 6am – 9am & 4.30pm – 8.30pm are considered peak times.
A Qualified Badminton Marker – Mr. Shaffan is available during these times on six days of the week.
- SSC Members Peak Hours : Rs. 450 per court hour
- SSC Members Off Peak Hours : Rs. 400 per court hour
Guests : Rs. 150 per court hour
Schools and other recognized Institutions: Rs. 550 per court hour.
Coaching is available for beginners at Rs.1000 per hour
- Awards Ceremony & action photos
- Trophies + Certificates + Cash Prizes
- Section of the large crowd present – players, parents & well Wishers
- SSC President Mr.Ellawala as Chief Guest & Mr. Nishantha Jayasinghe – President, Interim Committee, Sri Lanka Badminton